The Art of the Vintage Motorcycle - Hardcover Book
A beautiful and comprehensive celebration of the art and design of classic motorcycles, from the early twentieth century through the 1950s.
This is the most beautiful book of its kind: celebrating the art and design of the luxury motorcycle by presenting forty of the best-designed and most enduringly iconic motorcycles ever made, spanning half a century.
The book showcases forty rare and exceptional motorcycles, from 1905 to 1956, presented in chronological order, illustrated with stunning studio photographs that present the machines as works of art and wonders of design in themselves. An international roster is featured: a 1905 Peugeot Factory Racer, a 1916 Indian Power Plus, a 1929 Majestic, a 1936 Excelsior Manxman, a 1951 Harley Davidson 750CC WR, a 1951 Vincent 1000CC Black Shadow, and a 1955 Triumph Tiger Cub, among others.
Written by a motorcycle collector and expert, the book presents the history of the motorcycle through the most significant makes of all time. Each is accompanied by detailed images and texts covering the bike's background, legends behind the machines, feats of design and engineering, and tales of classic races, rallies, and motorcycle shows. The book is enhanced with reproductions of period ads and historic photos, evoking a sense of time and place.
- Orders below $150 receive a flat rate of $15 for standard shipping.
- Orders over $150 receive free standard shipping.
- Express (1-3 business days) shipping is available for $20.
- Gastown Supply Co makes no guarantee on the delivery estimates listed here.
- Orders valued over $100 will require a signature for delivery.
- Orders placed after 2:30pm PST will leave our our warehouse the next business day.
- Orders placed on weekends or after 2:30pm on Friday leave our warehouse on Monday or the next business day during long weekends (BC, Canada long weekend schedule).
- Deliveries are made on weekdays only.
- Orders are shipped from Vancouver using Fedex. Please see the table below for standard shipping delivery estimates to major Canadian cities.
Extended return period for holiday orders. Orders placed between Nov 9 to Dec 25 can be accepted as returns up to January 15th.
HELMET SIZING AND EXCHANGES
- Free return shipping for exchanging helmet sizes.
- No size exchanges after 30 days.
- Exchanges only for new/unused helmets.
- If you have purchased a helmet through Gastown Supply CO. and need to exchange the size please click here.
- Free shipping for returns.
- No returns/refunds after 30 days.
- We guarantee all merchandise purchased through gastownsupplyco.com.
- All sale items are final sale.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return your item(s) within 30 days of receipt for a refund or store credit.
- If you would like to make a return please click here.